Monday, February 11, 2013

My Fucking Father's Hypocrisy

Just remembered: Last night I woke up at 11:30 without any bitching from either parent, just the soft-shoeing of what I believe to be Mother out at the kitchen.  I wanted to wake up so I could clear snow from the storm that's been blowing through today and yesterday, so I, you know, actually woke up.

When I went out to the living room, My Fucking Father wasn't there.  I heard him downstairs, talking to someone, while I was putting on shoes to go outside to work.

This is the same man who, about the same time one week ago, threatened me through my bedroom door, "He still isn't up?!?!?!"

The only difference I can think of is yesterday was Chinese New Year's.  He might have wanted to take it easy, plus it's bad luck in at least Chinese lore (don't know if My Fucking Father follows it) that you don't clean your house that day because all you'll do is sweep out the good luck for the year.

But that's bullshit.  And he's full of shit.  Goddamn hypocrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment