Thursday, July 11, 2013

Addendum To: And Now The Volume Knob In My Car Is Broken

I was able to cope with changing the volume.  I don't know if there's a slip or a notch or ... something that catches behind that thing, but somehow I can turn up or down the volume.

Till yesterday driving home from work.  The reggae station on satellite radio was a bit too loud, so I thought I would turn it down, so I reach over and turn the knob counter-clockwise -- and it doesn't move.  It can go the other way, louder, but if I dial it back it hits ... something.  The loudness of the song was still bothering me, so I turned that off and turned on National Public Radio instead.  Except now NPR was a bit too loud, and so I try again and still I hit some sort of wall.

I probably was OK with the volume of my radio as it is now, say, ten years ago.  But my middle-aged ears wants this turned down, and now I can't control it.  I tried adjusting the satellite radio receiver but it's still too loud.  Maybe it hit something on the road, I don't know.  Again, there are no easy fixes.  You apparently can't replace the volume knob; you have to replace the whole goddamn radio.  I'm not going to do that.

Bringing it into the mechanic for the power steering leak, and now I have one other thing to ask him about.  If he can't fix it, I might just have to pull the fucking fuse on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment