Wednesday, July 10, 2013

OK, It's Time To Fix This Power Steering Leak

As much as I freaked out about the power steering level being so low after I drove to the Mall of America, I have had to fill it up twice since, Sunday after driving it only to downtown and today after taking it to work.  Neither time was it dead dry like it was after MOA, but I've been concerned enough to pop open my trunk and checking the level at least once a day, and oftentimes every time before I start my car.  The combination of needing to top off the tank before driving home today and seeing more and larger puddles on the driveway (which has elicited more notices from Mother) convinced me that I have to do something about this.

I called the mechanic I now trust and am bringing it in Saturday morning.  Hoping it makes it by then.  Maybe I'm paranoid, but the puddles of power steering fluid are getting to be so numerous even I can't ignore them. And although I don't think it's going to completely pour out of the car on me at the worst time, such as on the highway, I have noticed puddles of the fluid at work.  Home is one thing, but when it's leaking at work, the problem has gotten worse.

Worried about how much this will cost to fix.  Was told by these mechanics that it's probably the return.  Don't know what that is, but hopefully it's just a hose, and hopefully hoses aren't that expensive.  If it is, at least I have a paycheck to pay for it.  Then again, that paycheck was supposed to cover my credit card bill.  My life sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment