Monday, July 1, 2013

Impatience At Gas Station

All I fucking wanted to do was get gas before dinner tonight.  So I go in and am waiting, and I see that the guy before me doesn't have his shit together.  I wanted to go to the other counter, but the mother and son who were behind me were headed there before me.  I turn around again and this fucker is still dithering on what to get.  Frustrated at his laziness, I went to the other line anyway.  I figured that I would get checked out around the time he was finished, even though I would now be third in line here.

I forgot my First Rule Of Waiting In Line: If you're next, you stand pat.  Even if you are wrong, no one will think you're stupid for staying there because, hey, you're next.  The mother-and-son pair were just as picky with their merchandise as the guy ahead of me on the other line; the mom was wondering whether or not she should pay for the Sunday paper, and then she had some damn mix-up about her rewards card.  Meanwhile the guy on the other side all of a sudden got moving.  So by the time these two twits ahead of me were done, I probably would have been done, too.  Unfortunately, when I finally reached the front to pay for my gas the woman who took my place on the other side was in the middle of check-out.  I chose wrong.

Worse than that, the bitch who was helping me snapped at me.  She was printing out a receipt and holding it out with her left hand with the gas coupon I gave her.  I thought she was about to staple the two things together because she needed to account for the coupon.  But then she just fucking yelled at me, "Take it!"  What, the receipt?  The policy is that every clerk prints out two receipts for those paying by credit card; the first I sign, the second I keep.  She broke policy, and she's yelling at me?!?!?!  Fuck her.  And then she says, "Wait, you have to sign this!" as she was printing the next receipt.  She knows me, she's seen me before, so I think she knows that I know what needs to be done.  So, defending myself, I snap back at her: "Yeah, I was waiting for you to give me that."  And I signed it and left.  Great.  Not only was I late, but I decided to take the line of a clerk who was rude to me.  Double mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment