Sunday, July 14, 2013

You Know One Of The Things I Miss About The Old MySpace?

I won't be able to use their status update feature to mark pithy things in my life I want to note even though I know that they're so unimportant that if I update my facebook status with that, I'd probably be unfriended.  (And by the way, shouldn't it be "defriended?"  "Unfriended" is a state where the decision to no longer be a friend has already passed, and your current state is non-friendedness.  But when you want to describe an action of turning a friend into a non-friend, you use the prefix "de-," right?)  No one uses MySpace, so the only person who would see my stupid thoughts and conditions would be me.

With that gone, Wailing And Failing is my back-up.  So here is what amounts to a status update: I regret eating two full plates of spaghetti for dinner tonight.  My parents make great spaghetti, but they always make me two plates assuming I'll eat both of them in one sitting.  I have stayed away from that because I'm getting older and fatter.  Today, though, maybe because it was hot outside and I did a fair amount of walking, I thought I could eat both.  I did, but dammit, I'm feeling the affects of it right now.  That walk across both banks of the University of Minnesota tomorrow morning for a research study cannot come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment