Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Passing Me By

I had some plans once I knew my project was ending.  It was going to stop around the 15th, and I knew online classes at the University of Minnesota start around the 15th.  (They last nine months; I don't know how this online thing works, but that's a long frickin' time, you know?)  So it would make sense that I would immediately go from one thing to the other, even if the first thing ended around 10 in the morning.

So what am I doing, doing research studies at the U. on Monday, then doing my first movie double-bill in 15 years Tuesday, then blogging right now?  Should I not be researching an accounting class I could take, the first week of which is now?

Yeah, I guess I should.  Shouldn't I?

My feelings about life right now are perfectly summed up by The Pharcyde, whose two biggest hits, "Runnin'" and the video below, "Passing Me By," have been running through my head a lot these days.  You know, their songs just keep getting better and better.  Their rhythms are classic and their lyrics are timeless:

No comments:

Post a Comment