Friday, July 11, 2014

Oh, Yeah, Guys, I'm Alive

Totally forgot to blog about this earlier!  Surgery went well.  Maybe a little too well.  Basically what the doctor-turned-surgeon did was excavate a piece of my ass, the part where the seton's buried up to the surface.  I thought it was going to hurt like a motherfucker once the anesthesia wore off, but it's been more than 24 hours, and shockingly, I don't feel anything on my behind.  My butt feel's good, to be honest.

Other parts of me aren't, for some reason.  As soon as I began walking I noticed that my hamstrings were sore.  My throat was sore also.  So how come I hurt there but not the area where the surgery took place?  And why didn't my throat and hammies hurt when the seton was put in half a year ago?

Someone from the hospital where I had the operation called me, as they did the first time, to check up on me.  I told her about the my concerns and she told me not to worry.  The throat's sore because they stuck an airway down there to make sure I kept breathing, and she pins the hamstrings on positioning.  I'm sure they did the same things six months ago, but she said that it's possible that a patient would have parts of his body hurt now when they didn't before.

OK, whatever.  I don't need to take any Percocet, but I just took one -- not for my bunghole, like I thought I would have to, but for my neck, which has gotten increasingly more painful this afternoon, surprisingly.  It's kicked in the past hour, which may be why I forgot that I hadn't blogged today till now.

In the meantime I feel this big mass in my stomach.  I imagine it's fecal matter.  The Percocet is supposed to induce constipation, but I'm not worried because, frankly, I don't want to take a shit right now.  I'm scared that my asshole will be on fire once my excrement passes through my rectum.  And I'm worried about wiping -- about rubbing the incision down there, and about mixing feces with what I can only imagine to be a gaping wound of open cuts and sores.  If I don't shit for a week, honestly, I'm OK.  Just so I can be done with the wart on my ass for once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment