Tuesday, July 29, 2014

So I just sent out an apology letter to the person whom I believe felt taken advantage of when they were hosting the club.

A part of me still can't understand why she would be so upset.  She never let on that we were treating them like dicks.  So a part of me is hoping, in the best-case scenario, that she would reply to my letter with a, "What in the hell are you talking about?"

But as my mind slowly gravitates towards thinking that is the case, a part of me is still afraid that what I actually heard, stitched together from two conversations and synthesized with my analysis, is exactly what I have concluded: That we took all their food without giving any and I was being a strange asshole talking into the air.  I didn't see that we were acting like juveniles during the games, and I don't think that they dropped any hints.  But as perplexing an about-face would be, I have to make contingency plans if that's the case.

Corollary: I'm afraid she'll look at the letter, go, "What in the hell is this?" and instead of talking to me, she reaches out to other people from whom I had heard she was mad at me.  And even though I think saying sorry is the first thing you should do in order to make things right, spreading this letter to third parties might make the situation worse.  I don't know if either party she might talk to would then start yelling at me for misconstruing what they said ... which leads me back to saying and doing the wrong thing, which got me in trouble in the first place (I think).

Major damage control; it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment