Saturday, December 20, 2014

$100??

Saw something at work that disturbed me.  Saw that I was told to send a bill for not giving enough shots.  See, the nurses have to have their time spent somewhere be worth it.  Also, there is an expectation that the nurse takes a number of vaccinations with her, and if they weren't used, well, that's a waste and the non-profit needs to be compensated somehow.  That is what I saw Friday.  Twice, actually.

But the thing is, these bills were to be sent to ... let's just say to places that don't have a whole lot of money.  Don't want to get into specifics, but I was trained that there are differences in the places nurses are sent to.  We charge these minimum fees if we don't reach a certain number of shots if it's being held at a company.  But as a non-profit we also go to senior care centers and churches -- you know, places that help those in need.  I was always told to never send these types of bills to those places.  Don't have specifics, but I swear I was told never to do that.  But on Friday I had these instructions to send them to these types of places.

I did not protest.  The person I suspect made the call was not there.  I don't know if she knows that I have never been told to send an invoice to places such as that.  I have not raised a peep through now because, if it was determined that I should have sent it, even in seasons past, well, I would have hell to pay.  Rather not chance it.  On the other hand, if she were the one to make a mistake (which is possible; she, like me, has been given added responsibilities this year) and no one else is there to correct her (I am banking on someone saying, "Wait, you're not supposed to send $100 invoices out to these places"), then she screwed up ... but then I would be blamed for doing this for three years and not telling her that she screwed up.

Bottom line is I looked at these instructions and thought, "Wait, this isn't right!  I haven't been doing this for three years!  And all of a sudden we're doing this now?"  I'm afraid there's going to be a "discussion" about this.  And I want to avoid that at all costs.

God, I hope this doesn't blow up in my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment