Monday, December 22, 2014

Gossip?

OK, so you remember the key I took with me on Friday, the one where I had to immediately go back to work to drop off?  One of the people from the department from which I took the key was there to receive it.  I don't know if she had to stay late because the key was missing.  However, we have bantered back and forth through the fall about putting the key back, usually in jest.

But, while I was walking to a place to do something work-related, I kind of heard her talking with another person at the department.  What I heard as I passed was this other person talking about getting a frantic call Friday while traveling across the border.  Was that frantic call about ... the key?

Then I looked back and the person who I had to eventually give the key to was talking very animatedly.  Couldn't hear her because I was so far away, but if she was reacting to what he was saying, I think -- no, I know -- that she was talking about me, and how I am such an asshole for taking the key.

Wow.  If that is true -- and I'll be honest, I have no damn clue, but I'm paranoid, so I'll say it is unless it isn't -- I'm going to have a bitch of a time the next time I need to get the key from her to open the room to get my work stuff.  I don't think she trusts me with the key anymore.  I made one simple mistake and apparently I am no longer reliable.  I want to move on from this; she seems to not want to let go of it.  Is this going to be a problem?  Oh, fuck, this probably will be a problem.

Why didn't I just fucking shove my hand down my pants to make sure I didn't take the key with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment