Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pop Hoarder

Ever since my parents began their vacation several months ago, I have spent more than my share eating dinner at fast food places.  Normally after I get done eating (and I usually if not always eat in) I fill up my all-you-can-drink cup and leave.  I mean, if refills are free, why not fill up before you go?

In the past I have been able to drink all of it while doing errands after eating.  But a combination of not needing to hide the pop from my parents and, I think, my advancing age preventing me from metabolizing the Coke, and I come home to put the cup of soda in the refrigerator, with the intention of drinking from it from time to time until it's finished.  But then I go out to eat again, fill up the cup with Coke, and bring it home.

So right now I have four cups of pop in the fridge, all waiting to be consumed by me.  I don't think it's a problem.  I hoarded four, maybe even five, of these cups once before, but I was able to catch up and trash the cups before my parents surprised me by coming home.  This is happening again, and assuming they are coming home when they say they're coming home, I'm sure I'm able to clear these cups from the refrigerator before they would see it.

Now, is this a problem?  A cup's average time in there is about a week, and I can't really tell if it's gone flat or bad.  I don't think Coke can spoil.  So it's fine, at least when it comes to my health.  Now, whether this is a sign that I'm a hoarder, or maybe I shouldn't get that refill of soda ... I don't think so.  But I'm sure that this is another one of those things that no one else on planet Earth does.  And I kind of like being unique like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment