Saturday, December 6, 2014

Wait -- Where Are The Anti-Picks?

I noticed this about a few weeks into football season: The Anti-Picks I did on Wailing And Failing last year I have not done this year.  In fact, I didn't even remember to do them until both the NFL and college football seasons were underway.

I have done this gambling picks on MySpace a few years ago -- well before the demise of the site, although well past its heydey and well into its era of ridicule.  It started the year where I went to Las Vegas at the beginning of the NCAA men's basketball tournament.  I took a grand of My Father's money, spent it on a bunch of games I thought were winners because I thought I was the shit, then lost every single game.  That's when I started the Anti-Picks, where you would theoretically bet the exact opposite of the wagers I make and win tons of money.  That really wasn't my goal, of course, but while I had the occasional good week, I often had to resort to making one massive bet for either the Super Bowl or Championship Saturday (or the Final Four -- I made Anti-Picks in March for March Madness) to make up for a huge debt I racked up over the weeks.  And even then I won only half the time.  So maybe neither of us would've won money.

This year ... well, I just got busy with work.  Football season began, and it was as if I had never even invented a thing called Anti-Picks.  When I realized this a month or so ago, there was no use to start.  So I'm not doing Anti-Picks this year.  Probably for the better; I wasn't good enough to continue.

Will I do Anti-Picks next year?  Maybe, maybe not.  Maybe if I need something to write about.  But I have  had plenty to write about this year, so I'm good for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment