Saturday, June 2, 2012

What The Fuck Did I Get Myself Into?

Just to get away from my now-retired parents for the weekends, when they will be home all day, I decided to help out as extras for these small film productions.  It doesn't matter that I won't get paid, I think I just wanted to get away from them.  It's best to avoid them, at least for now.

Well, when I inquired about helping out, they said they could use a Production Assistant (PA).  I said sure.  But then two things happened that bug me out.  The first is that the call times, at least for this weekend (they need help for the next three weekends, and I signed up for all three) is 6 a.m. -- in other words, five hours from now.  The second thing is that the fucking shoot is in Burnsville, clear on the other side of the metro area.  I don't know why I just assumed it'd be kind of close, because most of these shoots have been nowhere near my side of the metro.

So what the fuck did I get myself into?  Spending all this time, spending all this gas, waking up at these godforsaken hours when I know I'll just pass out unconscious because I've been up so goddamn long, and what for?  A copy, credit and meals?  Time away from the 'Rents?  Fuck me.

No comments:

Post a Comment