Thursday, June 16, 2016

I Am So Fucking Stupid

Yep.  The worst case happened.  I was wrong.  I thought these guys weren't going to do what the old test scoring place did, but they did just exactly that.

I had caught an inkling that it could happen when the project began, but honestly, I totally forgot it.  Plus, the guy who is my immediate supervisor materialized out of nowhere, so I thought that he was being trained on all the software he needed to use to track us.  And by the way, unlike the hot cold fish at the old test scoring place, he was doing more things a guy like him in his position should do, and he was doing it with authority.  It would make sense since he's a member of the military.  But I could have given him credence just because he's a man.

Then, he told us in the afternoon.  He got the job just because he qualified on the first try.  One test.  Ten questions.  All of them, we have agreed, so capriciously graded that anybody who qualified on the first try got it on luck.  And now he -- and don't get me wrong, he's a great guy, and I thank him for his service to the country we share -- has been entrusted with the power to supervise us and tell us how to score, even though he: learned the material at the same time as us (where was this guy, BTW?  He wasn't next to me, like the girl was.  Where the hell was he???); in fact did not know the software he needed to know at the time; and is therefore learning how to be a supervisor, and learning the material, on the fly.  No wonder why the room's scores are so shitty.

Is this the same way that chick got to be a supervisor?  I think it's starting to become clearer now.  Doesn't mean it's any less fucked up.

Oh, and here's the kicker.  Not only is this his first-ever project for this company, he's also a temp.  We're all temps, but he was hired through a temp agency.  And he answered ten questions well enough to immediately be deputized as a supervisor.

I thought this company was better than this.  Guess not.

I spent the rest of the day shaking my damn head.  If these guys aren't going to take the process of scoring seriously -- and hiring guys as supervisors willy-nilly based on one test qualifies, and BTW, the immediate supervisor also agrees this is fucked-up -- why should I take this scoring seriously?

And I feel so, so stupid for walking out on the old test scoring place for something I thought was "better."  My fucking God, they're now the same.  They're now the same!  If that was the case, I might as well have stayed.  I would have probably gotten as much work, I would have been in an easier-going place, my commute would have been much, much shorter, and I could have seen that girl shake her fine ass when she went to the printer or the copier room.

---

Oh wait, this is the kicker: Father's home.  I checked my parents' real estate e-mail, and there was a message regarding a meeting where they could meet my folks.  Our last name does not end in an "s," but the guy put an "s" at the end.  As if they were meeting two people, like Mother and Father.

Couldn't do anything about it the day of, so I just girded myself for the possibility.  And when I came home, I saw him wiping up the dining room.  I said hi; he did not.  Probably because he popped his head in my bedroom and saw all the clothes strewn on the floor.  Typical.

Unbelievable.  This day went south so goddamn quickly. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment