Wednesday, September 2, 2009


Friend asks me if I want to go to the Lynx's last home game of the year next Wednesday. I ask him to give me 24 hours. Actually I'm inclined to say no because Sep. 9 is the season premieres of America's Next Top Model (and it's a special season, too: all the contestants are short!) and So You Think You Can Dance. But the Lynx play Tuesday night against San Antonio, a team they're tied with for the fourth and final playoff spot. If they win, I might go.


They lose in double overtime by a basket. I call him this afternoon and tell him no. Well, he says (and I paraphrase), I already got a ticket. I thought you weren't going to get a ticket until I get back to you! And he sounds all disappointed and stuff, then he says he'll see me this weekend. Maybe for the last time? Is he mad at me for not going, and is he going to make me pay by not going to my parents' store to buy rice and lottery tickets anymore? Why can't we just be friends and not just people who help each other out financially? Friends and money never mix. Dammit...

No comments:

Post a Comment