Sunday, March 14, 2010

Selection Sunday Eve

I love Bracketology and Bubble Watching.  I am looking forward to 5 p.m., when I can see what the field is like.  Seriously, I can forget the bad shit in my life for one hour, and possibly the rest of the evening, as I break down which Davids can pull the upset.

But this being the last day before the field is set, I want to take a look at who the prognosticators are thinking are in the Big Dance and aren't.  I startedt this late last night, but with four very important title games today (three of which is done), I should've just done this now.  Anyway, I'll list all the predictors I can find here:

Joe Lunardi, ESPN.com:
  • Last Three In: Minnesota, Utah St., Illinois
  • Last Three Out: Virginia Tech, Mississippi St., Florida
Andy Lockner, SI.com:
  • Last Six In: UTEP, Georgia Tech, Minnesota, Illinois, Utah St., Cal
  • Last Two Out: Virginia Tech, Florida
Jerry Palm, CBSSports.com:
  • Last Four In: Florida, Minnesota, Utah St., UTEP
  • Last Four Out: Mississippi St., Rhode Island, Seton Hall, Virginia Tech
Shawn Siegel, Collegehoops.net:
  • Last Four In: Illinois, Wake Forest, Minnesota, Utah St.
  • Last Four Out: Virginia Tech, Mississippi St., Florida, Mississippi
Bracketology 101:
  • Last Four In: Minnesota, UTEP, Utah St., Virginia Tech
  • Last Four Out: Florida, Illinois, Mississippi St., Seton Hall
Rush The Court:
  • Last Four In: Cal, Utah St., Minnesota, Illinois
  • Last Four Out: Mississippi St., Florida, Virginia Tech, Seton Hall
Ross, NCAA Hoops Digest:
  • Last Four In: Illinois, Virginia Tech, Utah St., Cal
  • Last Four Out: Minnesota, Mississippi St., Mississippi, Florida
Bryce, Busting Bracketologists:
  • Last Three In: Mississippi St., Illinois, Minnesota
  • Last Four Out: Mississippi, Virginia Tech, South Florida, Cal
Bracketography:
  • Last Four In: UTEP, Utah St., Illinois, Georgia Tech
  • Last Four Out: Mississippi St., Florida, Virginia Tech, Mississippi
Several of the above will update after the Big Ten Tournament Final, but I will not, so I will stop here.

Synthesizing all the bracketologists, the order at the cutline seems to be something like:
  • Minnesota, Utah St., Illinois, Virginia Tech, Mississippi St., Florida, Mississippi
We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment