Monday, April 25, 2011

Hate When I Forget To Hide My Secrets

Got back from the Chris Cornell concert tonight.  (Great show, by the way: Paid a scalper $25 when the price was $37-9.  Not a sellout, unlike what the Fitzgerald Theater and Pollstar websites said.  In fact, there was no one sitting in the row in front of me.  I was in one of the last rows in the back, but the floor's raked so high that I had a good chance of seeing over anybody of average height -- if he were sitting in front of me.  That there wasn't meant I had a clear shot of Mr. Cornell.  He was a little covers-heavy, but his wailing voice remains intact, and I was incredibly impressed by his playing, especially on the little flamenco dervishes on probably the oldest self-written song he played tonight, "Mind Riot."  God, I'm glad I lied to my parents that I was working tonight.)

Anyway, just in case I wasn't able to get in, I brought my laptop with me.  I could just dink around and bide my time when the 'Rents think I'm "working."  When I got home, I took out the lap from my trunk, and when I got inside, I do what I usually do, put it on the couch.  Then I brought in the rest of the stuff I had in my trunk, threw it on my bed, changed and hopped into the shower.

When I went downstairs to close the garage door and grab me a Pepsi, I heard Father talking loudly, probably over the phone to someone.  And my parents' light was still on, from what I could see from the bottom of the door as I passed it.  This is around midnight on a Sunday night.

As I was taking my shower, I could hear Father outside going upstairs and making himself something to eat, as often is his wont.  After making myself clean, I then checked Grandmother's blood pressure and sugar.  She doesn't want me to check hers at night anymore, but I was kinda pissed at her this weekend for blindly parroting my parents' lecturing me on not wasting gas on going around time doing fun things, so fuck her.  Father was long gone by the time I went back into my room.

I was looking for my laptop so I could start work on this.  But I didn't see it.  Then I remembered -- Shit, I left it outside!  So I got it from the couch.  Then I started thinking: Father must've seen it.  What must he have been thinking?  That I lied to him and just wanted to go out to use the laptop while having a coffee so he wouldn't climb on my back about wasting four-dollar-a-gallon gasoline?  Maybe not, but I'm paranoid.

If anything passive-aggressive comes from him in the near future, I'll let y'all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment