Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Maybe My Enemies Aren't My Enemies After All!

Hmmm ... maybe all it takes is a day to turn things around.

Yesterday was sunny, yet I felt like shit.  Today was cloudy and raining all day, yet it was good!

I got less than four hours of sleep, but this morning ... I don't know, but I was on kind of a high.  And the lessons we went through went well, and the morning, and then afternoon, flew by.  And I felt good.

Oh, and the guy I thought was an asshole for making fun of me when I forgot to turn off my phone?  Somehow I worked witht he guy in the afternoon.  And, as far as I can tell, he wasn't a dick.  He even shook my hand when we were done.  Maybe I have Asperger's and can't pick up on social cues, but maybe I was wrong about him.  Maybe he's not a dick.

The hottest girl in my project sits in the row in front of me.  For some reason I thought she was kind of standoffish, a kind of bitch.  But while there was a question on the other side of the big room we're in, she finally locked into my glance (after a few days of looking at her ... dude, she's hot) and she commented in my general direction, "I just wanna go!"  Hey, we have a connection.  Maybe I'll actually make eye contact with her when I smile tomorrow.

Finally, at my either job, you remember I told you about my ex-co-worker from my ushering job?  The one who I think snapped at me?  We didn't talk at all all night.  Figures, I thought, he's just being his true self, someone insular, someone who forgets the people he knows from way back when.  But then, right when we were released from work and I was getting my coat on, he commented, in a joking way, about me being dressed for winter.  It's cold here!  Anyway, he's talking to me again.  Yippee!!

And this is where I have to confess: I am in a much happier mood if the people who don't seem to like me, or the ones who I think are shunning are me, turn out to be totally OK with me.  That means that I was just imagining things.  I wish I were more of an even-keep type of person, unaffected by the people around me and the way they're acting, especially towards me.  I'm not that kind of guy.  I can't be.  Their feelings about and toward me are all-important, I'm afraid.  Even when I lash out in anger over what I perceive to be their slight, justified or not, that shows that I give a damn about how they feel about me, even when I act like it doesn't.  Of course, since everything seems to be cool at work, things are great!

Now watch them turn on me and make fun of me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment