Thursday, July 14, 2011

Is My Oil Level Sensor Cured?

The one thing I noticed since my last oil change more than two weeks ago is that the oil level light in my car is not on anymore.  Usually after an oil change it'd take a day or two before that damn thing pops on.  I used to get freaked out over it, but now I don't because it's been on so many times while the car has been working fine.

But now I don't have to worry about even that.  I balked at getting it fixed, even though I've had it checked out twice and both times I was told they need to do more intrusive tests to diagnose the problem.  I've also been told that the oil level's fine, which leads me to believe that it's the sensor that's broken.

Now that it seems to be running totally fine, that must be the case.  I'm glad I didn't panic.  But maybe the sensor's been on for so long it's now burnt out, and my engine's running on no oil.

Maybe I should check it.  Or, maybe the problem was an easy fix all along and now it's totally fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment