Thursday, July 14, 2011

Just had the most awesomest nap in my car in a long, long time, maybe ever.  What made it work was the weather outside: Just after a rain, cloudy, absolutely no sun the whole day and, best of all, no humidity.  That combination allowed me to lean my seat back and pass out without feeling sweaty or bringing the windows down and inviting the noise outside (even though I parked in a desolate parking ramp at the Ridgedale Library).

I needed it.  The past two overnights I stayed up and had about 2 1/2 hours of rest both nights.  Tuesday was OK because I passed out that evening; I mean, who gives a fuck about the All-Star Game?  But Wednesday I stayed up for So You Think You Can Dance 9 even though I felt a massive pull towards unconscious around 7 o'clock and I actually passed out for the show's first few minutes.  I stayed up and was productive at work today, but I have a meeting to go to, and I needed the time to myself.

What's even more remarkable about my nappy is that it's going to get stupid hot and humid for the next week starting tomorrow.  I'll need to go to sleep at work during breaks and lunch, but it's not going to happen because it's going to be so fuckin' hot.  This will be the last time in a long time I'll be able to do so in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment