Sunday, July 31, 2011

Some More Thoughts On Miami

  • No rock stations down there. In fact, half of them were Spanish.
  • Oh yeah -- a lot of Pitbull and Drake.
  • The only time I hit South Beach was my last day there. I wanted to people-watch, see some of the Art Deco hotels, and hit the beach itself. But faced with a couple hours, no direction where to go, no priority of things to see, and no idea where the hell to go besides having a vague sense of where the ocean was, I just did what I usually do on vacation: I wandered. And I headed south, seeing hotels along the way. And then I headed towards the beach. Then I walked for about an hour northward up along the beach.
  • I saw a great thing when I turned around. At the very end of South Beach there is this small islet of a bunch of big, jagged rocks. The only people there were fishing. As I started to gingerly walk out, I noticed that there was a couple right in the middle. Suddenly, one of the knelt. Oh my God, he's proposing to her! And from the way she kissed her and they embraced, she said yes!! I stopped and even looked away for a bit because I wanted to give them some privacy, but as they started walking back I couldn't help but saying congratulations to them as I passed by. So cute!!!
  • On my way up the beach I tried a few things: To get a tan by taking my shirt off (I needed another day to break down the skin so it gets nice and bronze and sick); to exercise by walking through the edge of the water; and to see as many babes in bikinis as I can. There was a lot talent on display, but all of a sudden, I saw one girl bathing topless. And there was one walking along the water, drinking something, with her boobs hanging out. Is this the topless part of South Beach? Are you allowed to bathe topless there? I really thought that Haulover Beach was the only place you could show anything.
  • Oh, and by the way, I went to Haulover Beach. I should write about it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment