Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Toys For Adults Aren't Adult Toys -- They're Exercise Equipment

OK, I've noticed this every time I go this particular community activity center, and it's high time I talk about it because I don't think I'll be going to this place anymore -- for monetary reasons, not for this:

As a general rule of courtesy, plus it's hygenic, plus not doing it would be fucking gross, this gym (hell, all gyms if they're worth anything) ask that you towel off after you're done using a piece of equipment.  At this fitness center there are towels and spray bottles everywhere.  There is no excuse for not using it.  Shit, I probably spend half my time there toweling off the machines I use -- after and before.

And guess what?  I'll be goddamned that no one else in the fucking gym uses it.  I have been at this place about 12-5 times and I swear I'm the only one who uses the cleaning tools and religiously wipes everything down.  A few people I see wipe, but only when they're done and usually it's in a half-ass manner.  I have seen more people use the towels to wipe themselves off.

Tonight was the final straw.  Time and again I would be working out, purposefully, on one machine, and then some douchebag would walk in, sidle up to a machine, do, like, five or ten arm curls or leg lifts, then drop the machine and walk out of the room, like he was sleepwalking.  It doesn't fucking matter if you were only using the machine for a minute -- clean your fucking sweat off!!!

And by the way, who in the hell only uses a machine for a minute, anyway?  If you really want to develop muscle and burn fat, you have to work at it, not just pick it up and then put it down like you're a toddler with a toy.  I see all these people just testing out the machines.  Maybe they have short attention spans, and once they begin their reps they forget where the fuck they are and just drop everything and go nowhere else in particular.  Now that I think about it, I find that more annoying than people not toweling off after their done with a machine.  I can avoid using those machines if I see someone using them.  But using something for 60 seconds and then just walking away?  What's the fucking use of working out if you're not going to work out.  What a waste.  Boggles my fucking mind.

The facilities are nice and all.  But this city's CAC is more expensive than the other one I go to, even though this one's a little closer.  Add that the other one is less crowded -- probably because this other CAC only has ten machines and thus doesn't get a lot of people who want to work out there -- and it looks like that once I use up the last of the ten-pack of passes I got for the CAC I went to tonight, I will be committing to the other one for the foreseeable future.  It may not be any cleaner, but I have less chance to worry about seeing other people fuck around with a machine for half a minute then quit, leaving their drug-resistant bacteria behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment