Friday, July 15, 2011

Dilemma: The place I work at has signed me to yet another project, one that starts immediately after the one I'm currently one is done.  It should be at least for two weeks, though possibly three.

Unfortunately, around this time I have a dentist's appointment.  This is a teaching clinict the University of Minnesota, so I can't schedule at night.  Moreover, the one I have seen for the past year is graduating in about a month.  Although I have had differences with her in the past and it's not like I'm emotionally wedded to her, I have seen what I consider to be a rocky first couple visits through, and now I can't trust anybody else with my teeth except her -- well, at least until she takes off.  So that's why I want to see her one more time.

If I take off from work, I get hit in the wallet twice.  Obviously I miss my hourly wage.  But, in this company I get to earn a bonus if I work enough hours a week.  As any American company would, they tend to find ways not to give this bonus to you if they can help it, and making a dentist's visit in the afternoon should do it.  I'd be missing out on, geez, $75?  What should I do?

Oh, by the way, the series finale of Friday Night Lights is on, uh, 17 minutes after I publish this.  It's The Most Underappreciated Show In Recent Television History.  Go watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment