Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Five Babes I Saw At The Urge Overkill Concert

Gosh, it was a week ago.  Anyway, so I was at last Tuesday's Urge Overkill concert.  The concert wasn't bad.  I think their Saturation is one of the unjustifiably forgotten albums in nineties alternative music.  They played many of their known songs -- "Sister Havana," "Back On Me," plus four or five other songs from that album.  But I'm saddened that they didn't play Saturation single "Positive Bleeding," or the underrated "Tequila Sundae," and I'm surprised they didn't play the song UO's probably best known for, their cover of the Neil Diamond tune "Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon" which Quentin Tarantino used in the Pulp Fiction soundtrack.

The other big thing I have to object to is the fact that they played nearly all their songs a half-key lower.  This isn't what I hear on their CD's, and it sounds worse.  I thought it maybe be because they're playing the back half of back-to-back tour dates, but they actually kicked off their two-week, ten-date mini-tour at First Ave. on the 2nd.  That means, then, that the only reason they played a half-key lower is because they're older, and that's a punch in the gut.  We were all young in the 90's, and now I'm hearing and seeing the rotting effects of old age right in front of me.  I didn't want to be reminded that I fell in love with this band a decade and a half ago.

Wasn't sold out.  Wasn't very empty, either, but for the first time in I can remember (even though I don't go to too many concerts) I had plenty of room to move, although near the end of the concert this totally into-it fan literally backed up to my face.  This motherfucker either didn't realize or didn't care that he was invading my space.  I couldn't get away with punching him the back of the head, however, because it was one of those situations where the crowd was sparse enough to stop looking at UO and see me trying to wail on some guy.  So I stood my ground and just continued to look up, and fortunately the guy didn't back into me.

OK, so, the babes.  There were five of them:
  1. Urge Overkill is a thing from the nineties.  Another thing from the nineties?  Barebelly shirts.  Don't see that on the streets these days.  But during the concert I couldn't help but look to my left and seeing this cute girl -- she wasn't, like, model fit or anything, but she's skinny enough -- about ten feet away wearing a red t-shirt that didn't cover her up all the way.  It wasn't full midriff or anything, but even when she wasn't dancing around to the beat there was this sliver of skin peeking out under her t-shirt.  And being the dirty dog that I am, I think about that when I masturbate from time to time.
  2. About ten feet to my right was this brunette who dressed up for the occasion.  She didn't show any barebelly, but she had an ample bosom.  I think about that when I touch my pee-pee as well.
  3. Uh, another chesty babe standing at the front of the stage.  I don't remember her all that well, she must've impressed me when she turned around near the end of the concert.
  4. And to the tattoos.  One girl standing to the left of this third woman turned around very late in the show.  From what I remember she had a cute face.  But what's really burned into my memory is the tat she was sporting on her left shoulder.  OK, I can't give too many specifics of the tat, but it was a detailed design, and I think it had color in it.  I don't know if she was beautiful, but that tattoo definitely was.  I couldn't help but stare at it from time to time.
  5. And finally, there was the waitress.  She was going through the crowd on the floor, asking concertgoers if they wanted drinks.  I don't know if you want to get in the way of someone who wants to listen to the music.  And what happens if he or she is dancing wildly and the waitress is holding a tray full of drinks.  But anyway, she was wearing a First Ave. tee with a wide neckline.  And I could see that she had a tat running across the top of her chest with what looks to be a sketched-out skyline of Minneapolis.  Showing so much pride in your hometown that you want to represent it on your body for all time?  That is risky, but that shows committment.  That is awesome, courageous, and sexy as hell!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment