Thursday, July 7, 2011

The mosquitoes or gnats that bit the shit out of me on the 4th of July have won.  Their itchy toxicity was too much for me tonight.  While I turned on my laptop and waited for the modem to stop bugging out (it once again didn't build enough connection strength because the air conditioning's on), I passed the time by scratching the fuck out of my feet and legs.

Earlier this summer I was bit on my right arm and left wrist.  A little scratching -- I think I did it only one time, though I did it feverishly -- resulted in scabs that I can see to this day.  There will be marks I will see for a long time, maybe forever.  The very temporary relief from scratching my arm and wrist are not worth the lasting physical mutilation.  And they won't be when I see calloused red spots on my feet and legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment