Sunday, July 24, 2011

Didn't Think I'd Ever Do This In The Summer

So I saw the U2 concert last night, in the driving rain.  I should talk about it at some point.

I was wet.  I was going to buy a t-shirt after the show anyway, but since my shirt was now a used rag, I just put it on outside TCF Bank Stadium so I would be dry.  I would've bought shorts too, but they didn't sell any, so I was going down to Red's Savoy with my torso still very, very wet.  And cold.

When I got home I felt my underwear; still quite waterlogged.  And I was tired, so my thinking was this: I don't want to break out new undies because tomorrow is when I change, yet I can't just where my pajamas without underwear, so I'll just go to sleep naked.  I mean, it's summer, right?

Right.  So I did.  Well, I did lay some pants on the foot of my bed so I could slip my feet under them (I'm a Pisces so my feet get cold), but other than that I passed out naked as a jaybird.  I only do that when it's hot and My Father refuses to turn the air conditioning on.  But the thing is, last night he did.  Being nude was unnecessary.  But I went to sleep sans clothes anyway.

I managed to sleep for a few hours before my body woke me up to tell me it was about to die of hypothermia.  I had to find something, but then my mind thought this: If you're cold, why not where long underwear?  So, while turning on, like 1% of my brain, I got into my closet and, almost blind by sleep, managed to find some long underwear.  So I went back into bed ... only to realize that I was still cold, so I found a thermal shirt in the closet, too.  And after another second in the bed I got up and put on some socks.  So from dawn on, I was wearing socks and two pieces of clothing I'd usually wear only in the winter.  That's what the title's referring to: I never thought I'd wear long underwear and a thermal shirt in the summertime, but that's what I did in order to go back to sleep.

And it felt nice, too.  I kind of wonder what it'd feel like to wear such a getup on a day like today, sunny and in the 80's.  But then I realized I'd probably fry, so I get that out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment