Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Almost Caused An Accident

I think I spoke of the time when I was confronted "nicely" by someone who accused me of cutting him off.  I was always scared of a next time; I would not be so "lucky."  Well, it happened -- and even though the person who probably wanted the confrontation is no longer mad at me, I could have caused a very, very bad accident.

The shocks on my car are bad.  I think I realized this, or was convinced to believe it, when I was told during an oil change that they were bad.  So what I thought was my car bouncing over potholes normally now is a dance with the devil, and I catch my breath hoping I'm not breaking my axels and flopping to a complete stop in the middle of the road.

Tonight, I was going to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version) as part of a night which was to lead me downtown to this new stripclub where a girl who gave me a handjob a couple weeks ago (I'll talk about it some other time) is now working.  Unfortunately, the way there is under construction.  I can drive on it, but a part of it has been peeled off, so when that part ended and the old road started, there's this huge bump that I'm really freaked out over.  So I slow down all the way as I approach it (on a left turn) and slooooooooooowly creep over the bump.

Too bad I totally didn't give a shit about the car behind me.  Or the car behind it.  As soon as I was willing to accelerate, I see the girl behind me start vigorously shaking her head and gesturing with her hand.  Oh, shit, she's mad, isn't she?  Well, I started to get ready for a road rage fight right in the middle of the intersection.  From the looks on my rearview mirror she's still furious at my slow driving.

But then I look at the head.  It looks ... familiar.  It looks pretty also.  And then I realize that it's 9 o'clock, the beginning of the late shift.  Oh, shit.  There is a very good possibility that we're going to the same place ... because the person I pissed off is a stripper at the bar I'm going to.

And sure enough, as soon as I get the green light and enter the parking lot, the car behind me does the same.  Well, fuck me.  I had a choice: Go away and hope they forget, or ... confront the situation myself.  I decide I wanted to see boobs, so I figure I could just go in and apologize to her.

I go in; no one, woman or man, tries to coldcock me.  I go up to a stripper who's holding her bag and looks like she just came in.  "Were you the one who was behind me?" I asked her.

"She was," the guy she was talking to when I barged in, who is the bouncer, said.  She then looked at me before going into the strippers' locker room.  She's usually kind of out of it, so she probably didn't know what I was trying to ask her.

Or, it wasn't her.  There was another girl holding her bag and looking like she just came in, and this one (with whom I'm familiar with, just like the first one) had the shape of her head and hair that looked like the woman who was following me.  But she was talking so much that I decided to wait to talk to her.  Maybe she was venting about the asshole who was going to slow and making her late to work.

She disappeared into the lockerroom.  It took about a half-hour before she re-emerged.  At the juke box I asked her if she was behind me.  "Yes!  And you almost caused an accident!" she replied.  The guy behind her was driving like the car two ahead of him wasn't slowing down because he was afraid, and he almost rear-ended her vehicle.  And I was so, so sorry to almost have caused that.  Fortunately she, like the first stripper I spoke to, isn't totally in the present, either, so she quickly forgave me.  Whew.

I should go faster over bumps, but I'm very scared that I'll bust my car if I do that.  Maybe I need to use an alternate route to get to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version) for the time being.  Or not go until the fix the road ... which, considering the state's been shut down for over a week now, could be a long ways away.

No comments:

Post a Comment