Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Old Song I Had Never Heard Of That's Blowing Me The Fuck Away Right Now

I bitched about satellite radio a lot, and my complaints still remain. However, one of the main reasons I got it in the first place and renewed a few months ago is the variety of music I can get, and the possibility I'll listen to something awesome that I've never heard before. That's how I heard of bands like Vivian Girls, Crystal Stilts, the XX, and Gil Scott-Heron.

I found another one Tuesday. On Backspin, Sirius XM's old school hip-hop channel, I heard a fucking great song from way back in 1988: "Strong Island" by JVC Force. The best thing about this boast track is the bump-bump! punctuated every four bars of a loop sampled from a 1969 R&B song by Freda Payne called "Unhooked Generation."



Goddamn I love this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment