Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Two Ways I Missed On This Particular Saturday

1) I was at a party Saturday afternoon, and it was hot. I hate heat because I get delirious.

When I was going home I remembered that Mother wanted me to call her and ask her if she wanted anything from outside before I reached it. I told the 'Rents before the weekend I was going to be busy both Saturday and Sunday, and she told me to call her before I came home. Well, I did about five minutes before getting home, but I got her voicemail. She was supposed to be home by the time I called her, and she usually is good at picking up her phone. But she didn't then. So I called the landline, where I got Grandmother. Shit, I shouldn't've done that -- of course she'd pick up the phone. So, not knowing what to do, I asked her where Mother was (she was downstairs, in the master bedroom, of course) and then said goodbye.

Just before I hung up my phone rings. It's Father, who wants me to buy pizza. Well, that precludes me from going home for at least 15-20 minutes. So I order over the phone while driving, then park at the grocery store close by and wait. I decided that I'd buy a Vanilla Coke just because I haven't had a Vanilla Coke in a while. I thought it'd be cheaper across the street at the gas station, but they didn't have Vanilla Coke. So back into the grocery store I went. That took 15-20 minutes.

I get the pizza and I come home. The first thing I see is Mother coming out from the bedroom, asking me, "Did you get my messages?"

"What message. ...?" and then I realized, Fuck, I put, or kept, my phone on silent mode. She called me, like, three or four times. Moreover, I rolled my voicemail into Google Voice. (I wanted to try and see if I could use that to transfer the texts I've saved on my phone to that; so far, no dice.) That kind of threw her off -- actually, it threw off the few people who tried calling me and expected my voice as I tell them to leave a message -- so that's why she kept calling me. I had my phone on me the whole time. I just didn't hear it, and I didn't check it.

She wanted me to put parmesan cheese on the pizzas before I brought it home. She had me do it once before and she didn't like it. But now she wants me to do it again? Whatever. Still, I felt bad that she tried to call me and I blew her off. It hurts. A lot.

2) Bella is a hot dancer that used to work at My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition). She was one of ... oh, I should count some time, some number of dancers who gave me her number. She does massages and said in no uncertain terms that she did more than massages. So when I mustered up enough cash I was going to pay her a visit. But when I called, the phone number didn't work. She said she was trying to get it fixed. And then she quit.

But I saw her again recently, first at a party she threw (I'll talk about that in-depth soon, I hope) and then back at the stripclub. She's back there on weekend nights. I was so happy to see her there again that I promised her onstage that I wanted a dance from her. That's something I usually don't do.

After a few minutes of sitting and watching sports on the TV, I had the itch to go to the bathroom. I went to make absolutely sure I wasn't uncomfortable getting a dance from her. While I was in there, I started spacing out. I only went in to pee, but I guess I stayed there, if only for several seconds, playacting stuff out. What it was, I don't remember.

When I come out, Bella was gone. Shit! It was past the 15-minute mark when the girls rotate. If I just did my business and went back out, she probably would have seen me. But I guess she didn't see me go into the head, and so she just went into the changing room. Worst of all, this was at the end of the night. There's a possibility she was changing and leaving.

But I waited, just in case she decided to stick around and/or find me. After 15 minutes, however, I got very antsy, then disappointed. I needed to go, and that's when I finally saw Bella, in her civilian clothes. Indeed, she thought I had left after I promised her a dance. I wouldn't do her like that, honest, we just missed connections. Shit, we were mere feet away from each other.

I haven't seen her dance there since.

---

There was a third thing that I "missed" this Saturday, but now I forget. It's been several Saturdays since, and I don't even remember the exact date all this happened. I've been busy, but I hate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment