Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Car News

The good news: The car shop I (currently) go to gave a very quick estimate, and for all the things he outlined when I saw him last week, fixing those problems (with the caveat that there might be other leaks) will cost between $800 and $1,000.  I thought it would be $1,500 and $2,000 -- too expensive to even bother to repair.

The bad news: All I did today was go to Burger King and the library before coming home.  And the sounds, the groans, that I heard a few days ago when I started my car (not the "second sound" that I hear after the car's been running for a while) came back, as was the uneasy shifting in the early gears.  I am really bothered by it because this was just a short trip.  I wanted to buy coolant at Target, but I went straight back home instead because I didn't feel safe.

The good news: It kind of went away the second half of my trip from the library home.

The bad news: I checked my transmission dipstick; for the life of me, I swear it's telling me it's full.  Unless it's the bolt that's making things loose under there, it has to be a lack of tranny fluid.  So I need to fill it up.  But what if that's not the problem, and so by adding fluid I in fact introduce another problem?  Fuck if I know.

The good news: Got a call from someone saying that they're interested in me for a temp job.  The money I make there would pay for any repairs!

The bad news: Will my car make it by next week, which would be the perfect time to bring it in?  Don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment