Tuesday, September 11, 2012

You Just Put Me Under The Spot Here, And Maybe I'm Not As Quick On My Feet As I Should Be -- OK?!?!?! You Win, OK?!?!?!

You know, I'm sorry to hedge.  I didn't know you were going to give it to me like that so quickly.  How about three weeks, like you said?  Maybe even a week?  But OK, I'm sorry that I decided later, and then now.  You sounded so fucking disappointed, like you lost your commission, and I can't have that, so I fucking changed my mind, OK?

And now you're saying that I'm "under consideration" for it?  You mean I blew my chance?  You go from offering me a position that starts this week to maybe getting this same position two weeks from now?  And all because of me going "uh ... uh" and my car?

Is it because I told you I had a family function on Friday?  Do you think I was lying to you?  I have car trouble, OK?  And I'm kind of anxious about it.  And yeah, I could use the money I would get from starting early, and you told me there were rolling start times, but all of a goddamn sudden you're hitting me over the head with starting this week.  What the fuck was I supposed to do?

Things were going so well.  Then, in the course of one fucking afternoon, I go from finally finding employment to being stuck in the same shit place I was before.  And now I have to toss and turn, waiting for a call that'll wake me up in the morning with the possibility that I will still remain jobless.  Plus I have to bring my car in for an estimate that'll probably be more than what the car is worth.  I thought I would at least be able to pay for it some time soon.  But because you ask me to start now, I might not start ... at all.

Fuck my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment