Saturday, September 22, 2012

300 The Hard Way


Well, I made it.  I made 300 claims.  Don't know how.  Once again I started out hot, but then faded fast as I tried to fix all the claims I had questions on.

I cannot take a breath.  I was able to go to lunch with 200, but even then I couldn't relax.  Not only did I skip lunch, I didn't take my whole 30 minutes and resumed working about five minutes early.  If I didn't do that, I don't think I would've made it.  How can my supervisor say that we'll clear 300 easily?  I ain't no chump, come on!

And leaving yesterday I still didn't think I kept my job.  The job is only going to get more complex with different circumstances I'll have to type for.  So I turned on my phone to field any calls from the temp agency, just like they did late Thursday afternoon.  And because I once got a call from this agency past 7 o'clock, I was prepared for them to say, "Well, your employment has been terminated" even up to 10.

Even though a part of me wanted to get up and go once I got home and saw that my parents started eating early without me, I decided to stay home.  Good thing, because I fell asleep, with the phone on, around 9 or 9:30.  I woke up this morning, not by a call from the agency.

Guess that means I have a job through Monday, maybe Tuesday.  After that. ...


No comments:

Post a Comment