Monday, September 17, 2012

More Changes Coming At Work

I actually like my work situation right now.  Since it's a temp job, what I look for is the work environment and the people I work for and with; if I'm at least tolerating both, I can keep it.  And I like both.  Although my supervisor seems to be overbearing when he wants to be, he has largely left us alone.  That means I can do what I want so long as I am working, and so far, I believe he is happen.  Also, a co-worker started on the same day as me, and he's the perfect co-worker: Personable when we do have a conversation, but that's unusual; otherwise he puts his headphones and listens to his iPhone.

So I guess I am overreacting more than I should when I hear that there's going to be a third guy joining us, a guy who did our jobs last year.  How is that going to change our cozy, quiet dynamic?  It feels like there's someone coming between us at work ... and after typing that, I just creeped myself out.

Also we are going to finally get down to the nitty-gritty and actually do the thing we were hired to do.  That means that he can't leave us alone; instead he will be in the room with us instead of in his own office, holding our hand through stuff.  I hope both I and he can deal with the excruciating babysitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment