Wednesday, September 19, 2012

More Thoughts About The Job

You know, if you keep saying there are no dumb questions, and then I ask you something that I don't understand, and you give me attitude and give me a "no" with tone, you're saying it's a dumb question.  That's the big takeaway I'm taking away from my job so far.

But the thing is, I really don't think he's an out-and-out asshole. Sometimes he does talk to me respectfully.  And he does give us food, which is really good.  Wow, I think I just made him out to be like Ike Turner.  I didn't mean it like that.  But who knows later on in the assignment?

He mentioned once during the day that I was sighing really loudly.  I didn't even realize that.  He said it jokingly, but seeing how he's kind of lying about saying there are no dumb questions, I'm sure he was telling me I was pissing him off.

I was sighing for a lot of reasons, but most of all because of the work.  He plopped down on our laps a bunch of information, too much for me to digest.  But we have a quota to hit every day, and today I did not hit that, even though I was really trying.  I have at most till Friday to get up to speed fast enough, otherwise I am fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment