Thursday, March 14, 2013

Addendum To: FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So no, my parents did not wake me up early this morning.  I woke up.  At 11:30.

I don't know what to make of this.  I would normally be happy to wake up this late, but considering my parents found out I was at the gym yesterday (I think), my presumption is I was on thin ice.  Waking up this late probably proves that I don't have a job after all.

Did they call me on it?  No -- and that's what worries me.  They just asked if I was going to work, to which I said yes.  I told them yesterday I was working late, so I kind of said that since I'm working late, I go to work late, too.  Oh, who am I fucking kidding, they don't buy that.  They know I'm not working; they are either plotting to hit me over the head with a confrontation/intervention some time down the line.  You know, I overheard yesterday that Father was having a meeting with someone at 6 this evening, about something.  Maybe they're planning to have me moved out.

There is another possibility: They know that I'm not working and they stopped caring.  Honestly, that's even worse.  Because that means that they've given up on me and are just going to tolerate my lies.  I want them to leave me alone, but ... this is a kind of neglect that is not as good as it appears on the surface.  I ... don't want them to not give a shit, this way, you know?

God, why couldn't I have just woken up early?  Now I'll come home and be asked questions I can't answer. I won't be able to defend myself.

---

When I wake up later than I expected -- hell, whenever things don't go my way -- my day is absolutely ruined.  And it was yet another bad day today.

While worried about whether or not my parents think I'm a goddamn liar, I went to the gym to retrieve my license.  Since it's a fucking waste to just go there to get it, I had to find something else to do while I was in that part of town.  I was going to go to Arby's and cash in on a free Beef 'N' Cheddar after filling out a survey, but it was so fucking late that it was useless to have lunch.  Instead, I grabbed the reminder to pick up the tabs that Father gave me.  I looked up online that there is a DMV within walking distance of the gym, so I might as well get that there.  Also, I had enough grist to blog about how my morning got all fucked up, so I was going to head to the library before I got in my car around the 1 o'clock hour to drive to the Macy's in St. Paul and listen to 5 Questions and the announcement of the winner of the Preposterous Statement Tournament V on KFAN's Common Man Progrum along the way.

So I walked all the way from the gym to the DMV -- it was a little farther away than the difference in the number for both places (the community center is 5600, the DMV 5200 -- I would think they'd be a little closer), exacerbated by all the snow that prevented me from just walking on grass in a straight line from front door to front door.

When I got to the DMV, however, I forgot my checkbook.  I could charge it to my credit card, but a) they only take Discover and MasterCard, neither of which I have, and b) there is a transaction fee they would charge.  I should have remembered all of this because I saw all this info when I went to the Brookdale library Monday to get my license renewed.  But I didn't, so after I embarrassed myself with the girl helping me out, I turned around and went back to my car to get my checkbook.

When I got there, about ten minutes later, I decided that the sun was strong enough that I could ditch my coat in my car -- an exchange, essentially, of my coat for my checkbook.  And then I trundled back to the DMV, checkbook and tab reminder in hand.

So I get there and show the woman the slip.  She opens it up and, lo and behold, there are tabs in there.  Why the fuck am I getting tabs when I already have them?  I should be pissed off, but I kind of remembered that I did open up the reminder, so I must have seen the tabs.  To save face I told the woman that My Father just gave me the envelope and told me to pick up the tabs.

Oh, fuck me.  I did all this walking for nothing.  One, two, three, and now four walks between the community center and the DMV, all of it a complete waste of time.  I need to stay positive and say that at least I got some exercise in walking.  But it wasn't.  It was a complete waste of my time.

I could have went to the library instead and pumped this blog post out.  Plus, by the time I started my car, I missed the first question in 5 Questions.  It could've been whether Common would be OK if the Vikings got Greg Jennings and/or Brian Urlacher.  But I don't know because I tuned in too late.

---

Oh: Before I did all this wasteful walking I went to the gym's front office and got my license.  And while I was there I was going to change my emergency contact number to my cell.  If I was able to fool my parents, I need to make sure that these guys would only talk to me the next time I forget my license.

The woman, whom I don't think was there yesterday, checked my account.  In fact the phone number I gave these guys is my cell.  So why and how in the hell did they call home?  She told me that the person taking care of my license looked up the home phone number online -- even though she was supposed to check the account first.

Oh, and she's new.  I got ratted out because someone was inexperienced, yet resourceful.  Well, ain't that just the tits.

I should do something about our home phone number being out there.  It's not supposed to be, and my parents have seen to it that it's not out there.

---

The car was good to the gym, but while parked in St. Paul it started to idle roughly again.  I really hope I can deal with this problem until next week, just before I start my testing assignment.  But can I wait that long?  Could it be worse?  Will my car explode before then?

This probably is the last time I'll get to Macy's since it's closing tomorrow.  I figured that all the Levi's and Lucky Brand jeans that I saw last week would be gone, and I was right.  But should I just turn around and leave without buying something?  I knew I didn't have any money to buy anything, but it'd be a ... well, waste if I didn't buy something.

I thought about buying a cardigan with pockets, but there was only one there and I didn't like it.  Then there were some white shirts I could buy, but I didn't have my measurements with me and the one I tried that I thought was my size had sleeves that were too long.  Besides, my folks bought some shirts I haven't even taken out of the packaging yet.

So I decided on these shorts because I still think I need shorts.  They were a little small for me, but they were regularly priced at $69.50, and because these days they are 80% off, it's reduced down to only $14.  Hope my sister's not upset, but these shorts are also Ralph Lauren.  Whoops.

Maybe I should've bought something else.  Well, too late, all sales are final.

I have nothing to do tomorrow.  Should I go back, just one more time?

---

Did I already say that my car's acting up again?  Maybe I can take into the shop tomorrow.

---

Oh, I was at a coffeeshop at the U. before going into an MRI tube for "work."  I wanted to blog on my laptop then.  But my computer wasn't booting up properly, even after I unplugged and took out the battery and held down the power button, not once, but twice.  The third time was the charm.

The place was busy.  I had to take a table next to this hipster-looking douche whose bag was too close to where I wanted to sit.  And I had to sneak my plug underneath basically his ass.  Was he decent enough to move his stuff or help me plug in?  No.  So I had to move around him, although I put my non-plugging hand on his fucking bookbag for stability, and to send a message that he was an asshole.

---

I'm at Caffetto now.  I hope the car is OK going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment