Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Return Of The Missing Contractor

I wish I had blogged about the guy who was remodeling the rest of the house being gone, but I didn't know he was gone until he was gone for a while.  The last thing this contractor was supposed to do was put up the new shower for the master bathroom downstairs.  But one day, he didn't show up.  And he stayed missing.  I didn't talk about this peculiar absence with my folks because I don't want to talk to my folks.  But one day, during dinner, one of them blurted out that he had surgery and couldn't work.

I don't remember from that announcement how long it had been since he was working on the house, and it's killing me.  Because with no shower downstairs, my parents have had to shower upstairs for what feels like months.  That makes things at the home dicey.  Before I could have taken my shower whenever I wanted, but with three people needing to take a shower every day we have had to be a bit more vigilant about washing up.  That has often meant that I have showered as soon as I got home from work, which I hate to do.  It's also meant that both of my parents have come upstairs to shower, and it's kind of weird to see, for example, a tub trap filled with Mother's hair.  I feel as if I'm getting a peek into my parents' private sides, and I don't like that.  Also, I can't take a shit and read something for half an hour because they might want to take a shower.  And, since the bathroom is just across the way from my bedroom, I've had to make sure I keep my bedroom door shut in case My Fucking Father wants to look into it and judge that I need to clean it up.

But this morning I was woken up by what sounded like a drill.  Turns out he's back ... and neither of my parents told me.  I don't even know if they knew.  This is how half-ass an operation this has all been.  But the contractor's back, and I assume the downstairs shower will be done either today or tomorrow, and then they won't have to use my bathroom anymore and I can shit in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment