Saturday, March 9, 2013

Decided Not To Spend The Money To Watch History

For a little while there I thought about going to Friday's Minnesota series-opener against Western Illinois at the Dome Friday/last night.  But I decided not to do that for a lot of reasons, which seemed good at the time: I had no money; I wanted to not seem a stranger to my folks because I stayed out last Friday; and the Gophers showed me nothing last Friday, where they were whipped by Dartmouth.

So I decided to work out and get some coffee.  And through my Twitter, I learned that Tom Windle, the ace  of the Gophers pitching staff, the losing picture of record in their loss to the Big Green last week, threw a no-hitter.  It's the third no-hitter in the U.'s history, and since the first two were only seven innings, this is the first proper no-hitter in Minnesota baseball program history.

And I decided to not go.  I kind of thought I'd go next Friday; could Windle throw a no-hitter then?

Probably not.  Like I said, it's been a shitty week.

No comments:

Post a Comment