Monday, June 8, 2015

I Do Have Friends!

Before I build in too many days since my parents came home from their cruise to Scandinavia, I wanted to note that I did something during My Days Of Freedom that I hadn't done before: Hung out with friends.  There was a Thursday night where I visiting a stripper I know at this bar ... where she was working -- with her clothes on.  The next evening I saw an amateur wrestling match with a person I once ushered with.  Hadn't seen that guy in years.  Then on Sunday afternoon I went to the Twins game with the guy I have an annual trip to see the British TV Advertising Awards with every holiday season.

All three people sent out invitations for me to hang out with them.  Normally I would not say yes.  (Actually, normally people don't send out invitations.)  But I felt a freedom from my parents being gone.  They wouldn't be here to tsk-tsk me for being out so often and spending so much money.  I was able to do whatever the hell I want with people I wanted to hang out with.  And it was fun.  It was also good to not do fun things by myself.  I'm a pretty solitary person, but sometimes it's good to be with someone else, just for a change of pace.  I should do that more often, get out of my shell a little bit.

Yeah, that's all I think I need to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment