Saturday, June 6, 2015

Update On Work

Alright, after hearing stuff from other people's conversations at work, the project will end next week.  Next week?  I thought we had until the end of the month!

Well, this blows.  I really, really thought that this company would be better at accurately projecting the end date of projects.  But I guess I should have learned from our first project, one they said was going to last two weeks that instead ended after only four days.  Look, I know for some time that we weren't going to make it to the very last projected week of work.  Also, I've got to admit, I was able to line up another test scoring project that begins a couple weeks from now.  The quick end to this project does help; I'd be screwed if the current project didn't end before this new one started.  But if they are right, I have a one-week gap where I am doing absolutely nothing.  Hell, give me four days, or even three, but please, occupy my time!  Otherwise, this project ended exactly three weeks earlier than what I was initially told.  Yes, they say that end dates are fungible.  But in the previous test scoring project I've done with we were, at most, done two days early.  Two days, and I was still pissed.  Should have stopped being pissed if I knew that this one would get done three weeks early!  Come on, this is ridiculous.

On the bright side, I guess: Since I'll be in the area, I think I'll have time to get to the track and lay some money down on the Belmont Stakes.  But I might not be able to stick around, because I then have to go to St. Paul for this opera.  Moreover, I should go to sleep now because I have to wake up in less than four hours.  So much for relaxing on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment