Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Car Ain't Done With Me

Being told you need to fork over $1,350 ain't a great way to wake up in the morning, I can tell you that.  But that's what Mother texted me before my parents left for something they felt they needed to do on a Saturday morning even though they're retired.  I was awake at 7:30, an hour before she texted me, but I bolted out the door to basically say, What the hell.

At this point I had to look through my previous blog posts about my old car after the gasket blew.  I swear I spoke about it, and I haven't done a more thorough search, but it appears that I have not.  So let me bring you up to speed.  We did not trash it.  My Father knows a guy who said he could fix it for a grand.  That made us think that we could transfer it over to a winter beater car.  That would make sense, and I was OK with it.  I was working as a test scorer, so I thought I could absorb the grand over time.

So, maybe I shouldn't blink at an extra $350.  But that blindside made me look at my account again.  I had just paid my credit card bill this week, and they remain large.  With the $1,350 Mother told me to take out of my checking account, the total amount I will have is, get this, $1,700.  One thousand, seven hundred bucks.  Total.

I checked my total balance before I began my flu biller job back in August.  It may have been below two grand, but not by much.  Therefore, that means that after spending flu season with that job (which paid pretty good money), then several test scoring projects (which also paid good money), I am not only back where I started from, but I am in a deeper hole.

What.  The.  Fuck.

Yeah, I totally could cut down on my expenses.  But I think I'm a pretty good boy when I work.  I play pretty hard when I don't.  OK, I just spend a lot of money when I don't work.  But the sexy time I spend with strippers is my main hobby, and it makes me happy, so I sure as fuck won't give that up.  Guess I should check myself when it comes to eating out.  But the biggest expense, as it has been for the past several years, is repairing the car.  And once again, my meager stash of cash is wiped out because of this goddamn car.  It's still got its fucking claws in me, and it won't let me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment