Monday, July 6, 2015

Bad Tooth

I have a bad tooth.  I was alerted to it the last time I went to the dentist, which was around springtime.  I had felt a weird sensation when flossing around a couple of the teeth on the right side of my mouth for a while up to that point.  And sometimes I use a toothpick or my fingernail to press up against one or two of the teeth and I feel a bad sensation.  When I told the dentist, he or she said that they could see the beginning of a cavity there.  Keep brushing, he or she said, because there's a chance that the cavity could reverse itself.

I have been a bad boy when it comes to that.  I have never been a religious tooth-brusher; guess Grandmother never taught me that every night.  Hell, I should do that now, but the NASCAR race is running right now (even though it's being held in Daytona and it's about to hit midnight in the friggin' Mountain Time Zone) and by the time that's done and I'm finished with this blog post I should go to bed, so I can't even spare the two minutes I need to brush my teeth.

But when I do brush my teeth, and I take the dentist's advice and concentrate on that tooth or teeth in question, I can really feel some pain there.  Then, when I spit out the toothpaste, it's not its usual white or light green, but red.  Then I look around the area of the bad tooth/teeth and there is a blood emanating from the gumline there.  It now happens nearly every time.  And I'm not sure if that's a bad thing; I've been told that if you brush to the point you get blood, that means you're getting the bad stuff out of there.

Nevertheless it still hurts, so I don't know if my irregular brushing is helping at all.  It's about to be time where I have to see the dentist again, so I'll see if I'll need a filling or not.

Just wanted to put this down for the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment