Saturday, July 4, 2015

My Cuz's Mystery, In Plain Sight

Happy 4th of July, y'all.  This evening I will partake in what has become a tradition with me: After dinner I am going to visit my cousin and his friends who I still don't know, eat his food, then come dusk we're going to walk over to the field/park to watch the fireworks, after which we'll go back to his place and see him blow shit up with fireworks he got going to Wisconsin.  Quiet, free, and it's one of the few things I still do with my cousin.

What will be hanging in the air, however, is his girlfriend.  Never met her before, although I see her on his facebook all the time.  The problem with this is that he had another girl.  A wife, in fact, not too long ago.

Look, we have to talk about this some time.  It's just that this family ain't the most open about things, especially embarrassing family shit.  We will explain things only when we absolutely have to.  And I guess it's going to be at this party, otherwise he would make it a point not to invite me.

I just wonder how it's going to come up.  There's a huge elephant in the room, so I don't think he can just go, "Oh, she's my girlfriend" and think that explains it all.  Then again, I have this urge in me to find out the whole truth (it's the journalist in me) but I don't want to come off as a dick, especially when my cuz is there just to party and not to explain how the hell it all fell apart so quickly.

Tonight might be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment