Wednesday, January 4, 2017

So My Tires Are Going To Go Flat

So the tire pressure light that came on, after which I realized that some asshole stole a tire cap?  Well, it's still on.  As diligent as I have been in keeping up the tire pressure (which isn't all that much, to be honest), that damn thing is still on.  So that means that it didn't matter that someone took the cap, or that the cap eventually triggered something that, for some reason (cold?) won't turn off after I properly inflate the tires.  Whatever the case, within the past week or so the dashboard told me that I need an oil change, so I plan on going the very last date of this coupon the dealership e-mailed me for a break on an oil change.  I'll just say the warning light came on within a week of me bringing it in, just in case.

I knew since the weekend that the weather would turn bitterly cold for the workweek.  It has been a while since I checked my tires, and I made a point to do so before the workweek began.  I had two situations in which I would have had ideal conditions to check them.  On Sunday, while parking downtown for the Vikings game, I made sure to park on a level parking spot; there, after work, I would have time (and protection from any wind howling through) to check.  But I forgot -- a combination of being up too long and feeling the itch to go to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version), even though they were closed when I drove there.

Well, I had one more shot.  On Monday, I would park at a lot downtown (level, of course), where I would let my car cool to optimal tire-checking conditions as I watched my team play in the Rose Bowl.  There was a chance for rain and/or snow (which turned out to be freezing rain), but it would still be warm enough where I could take a few minutes and check, then stop by the gas station to pump air into my tires if need be.  But I forgot -- a combination of the euphoria I felt after our team's comeback win and my focus on getting to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division) and then home safely.

Well hell, then, I thought, why don't I try to check my tires after work yesterday (Tuesday)?  What's dropping temperatures and a brisk wind anyway?  Uh, a lot, turns out.  And when I had massive trouble turning open the caps, I said fuck it.  If my tires go flat this week, man, whatever, it's too freakin' cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment