Tuesday, January 24, 2017

No, I'm Not Taking This Well

Well, the ax came down late Monday afternoon.  My boss came in, apologized for being unavailable, reminded both of us that he'll be out of the office the rest of the week ... then said we are going to be fired next week.

Great.

For the record, this is two weeks before I got cut last season.  Since New Year's last season began we didn't do much, leading me to speculate that we would be let go because there wasn't any work for us.  Well, my boss admitted yesterday that the reason we were being let go relatively soon was because there is no more work for us.

Like I said, great.

I knew this day would come, and yet I am still shellshocked by how he told us and the oncoming date of execution.  I'm not prepared for this -- WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!

This has totally changed my plans while at the same time forced me to make new ones.  As soon as Monday I might have to find work.  This totally crimps my checking account.  I can't build on it, so I was looking at everything around and thinking, "I can't buy that!"  At the same time I have started to cobble together a potential quick trip to Hong Kong to see Grandmother; prices might still be cheap for the month of February, and who knows how long she has left.

Worst of all, I have to go back to the charade again of working when I'm really not.  I'll get up around the same time, I'll go drink coffee and hang out for a few hours, then I'll go get lunch, then go to the library for a couple hours, find a Park-and-Ride to sleep for an hour, then spend the rest of the afternoon working out.  I'll be doing that five days a week until I find work again.  I used to like the time off.  Now, it's getting to be pretty fucking boring, and harder to hide from The 'Rents, too.

So it's fair to say that I'm not taking this well.  Oh, and I'll have to go back on the dole and hope my folks don't find out (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment