Friday, January 27, 2017

Expenses Without Receipts

Starting from Thursday, January 26:
  • I thought I was going to charge everything on the 26th after paying more than a dozen bucks on lunch, even though I shouldn't after seeing my credit card statement, even though the barbecue chicken and mac-and-cheese was pretty damn good.  But then I went and bought a mocha at the commissary in the afternoon with cash just now.  Forgetful me.  Now I have to both charge something and buy something with cash, or at least get some money at the ATM.  Yeah, maybe I'll do that after work.  Anyway, I just forgot if I put the change in the donation box.  Shit ... uh, I don't think I did.  Total: $3.65.
  • So I did go to the ATM to pick up cash ... and the damn thing ran out of paper, so I don't have a receipt for it.  I was at the bank; how in the hell does that happen?  So, for I think the first time ever, I am putting down an Infusion for money I pulled out of my bank account: $60.
  • On Wednesday the 25th I ordered the same mocha and for sure I did not put anything into the donation box: $3.65.
  • I told my parents I wasn't going home to eat that night.  I was going to go see this play in St. Paul, Big Money, about the guy who gamed Press Your Luck.  But a lot of things converged to dissuade me from going.  First, I was told I was going to lose my job.  Then, I saw a negative review on the Star Tribune.  Then, I remembered that I would have to take the light rail into St. Paul, and after the show I would have to wait a while to get the LRT back to my car at the strip mall.  Finally, I developed this strong pain in my stomach.  I liken it to IBS, which I think I get from time to time.  I felt too uncomfortable going to Big Money, even though I saw on Facebook that a friend was going that night too, and so I thought to buy dinner, a fat and greasy dinner, which usually cures me of these types of pangs.  So I went to this place close to home called Bark and the Bite, a well-regarded BBQ in a convenience store (which makes this place sound even more authentic).  Looked around and saw that the dry-rub wings and the hush puppies came most recommended.  Guess what?  They're right.  Have a receipt for the meal, but I tipped them in cash: $1.
  • And I thought it was a good idea to take this take-out to a craft brewery place even closer to home called Free State Brewery.  You can bring food into this place.  Had hesitations about going here on a Wednesday night because it was Trivia Night, but it was all well and good.  Wasn't asked to join, and that was good, because I didn't get any of the answers.  Had their Bricoleur #3, which was really good, even if it didn't exactly pair with wings and hush puppies.  And then, as I got done with my meal, I realized that the IBS pain in my stomach was completely gone!  The half-glass of Bricoleur plus tip came out to: $5.
  • Tuesday the 24th ... mocha at the work cafeteria, and this time I did put the change in the donation box: $4.
  • I signed up for a three-week seminar the University of Minnesota whose theme is bioethics.  This first session was about monopolies in the pharmaceutical industry.  I didn't learn anything incredibly knew, yet the more diabolical information about drug companies the speaker (a professor at the U.) gave me, the angrier I got.  Anyway, I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version) for the first time in a long time.  Got a lapdance from Giselle, paid *a***'s drink, got coffee for myself and tipped a few of the girls.  Total: $35.75.
  • On Monday, January 23 I had a mocha at work, sans donation: $3.65.
  • After dinner at home I thought I should go to the library and work on these invoices Mother wanted me to do.  Thought I would have time before going to the show on Wednesday, but Monday was the day I heard the news of my imminent firing, so I wanted time out to myself Monday.  Had 11 printouts, so the total was: $1.10.
  • To Sunday the 22nd -- for the first time in a long time I went to the Caribou closest to me.  Saw one familiar face there.  Things seem the same as they were the last time I was there, which is good, considering I will be going back there often very, very soon.  Caribou was running a special where any sized coffee would go for $1.50 so long as you also bought a sandwich, so I bought the cheapest one.  With tip and minus trivia answer the cost came out to: $4.25.
  • On Saturday the 21st I joined my first-ever protest march, the Women's March Minnesota.  It was really nice to see so many people (between 90,000 and 100,000) who feel both scared and angered at the way some parts of the country have installed this presidency (along with the help of Russia and voter suppression, of course) to see that we're not alone.  Not at all.  And all it cost me was a round-trip ticket on the light-rail: $1.75.
  • Friday, January 20 -- mocha at work.  With donation: $4.
  • Going back to Tuesday the 17th, when I didn't come home for dinner because I went to get my car serviced instead.  It had been some time since I had been to My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place, and with that "For Sale" sign up I am scared that I won't have too many times before the eatery shuts down for good.  But things on this night were the same as they've always been, Buddah bless it.  Used a coupon for fettuccine alfredo.  With Coke and tip: $11.75.
  • On Sunday the 15th I went to Caffetto in the morning to work on stuff.  Large hot chocolate, tip: $4.10.
  • Went to exercise in the afternoon and there I was able to do something I hadn't done in a long time: Go to the concessions area in the rink next door and order food, specifically a hot dog.  Wasn't really hungry, I just wanted to get something from over there.  Just a hot dog, and the change I put into the donation box, which helps out the local hockey club.  Total: $3.
  • To Saturday, January 14, where I got around to washing my car.  Have a receipt for the wash; paid cash for the tip: $3.
  • That afternoon I went to the Blue Sun Soda Shop because they were opening up tours of their cola bottling line.  It was exciting to see this store in a strip mall in a nondescript suburb of town just bubbling with life.  It has to be fun to be working at a place where what you're selling brings a smile to peoples' faces.  (May not pay a whole lot, but that shouldn't be the point ... right?)  Brought in my very old Whistler Cola bottle for a deposit on a new bottle, drank that, then returned that as I ordered a second one, which, as of press time, is still in the refrigerator at home.  Total: $2.12.
  • Friday the 13th ... mocha at work.  With donation: $4.
  • First time in a long time I went to a stripper party.  Luckily this is pretty close to home, although this party charges $20 cover, ugh.  Well, at least *a*** was there to suck my dick.  That's why I bought her drink the next time I saw her.  Felt bad that I didn't stay long enough to get a dance from the host, Nikki, but I got a $20 lapper from birthday girl Barbi.  All told the damage for the good time was: $160.
  • Celebrated by going to the old Glam Doll for donuts and coffee.  With tip: $9.02.
Good through January 26.

No comments:

Post a Comment