Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Bad Driver: Driver Of White Minivan Whose License Plate I Did Not Look At, To Which I Am Bitter About Forgetting

OK, so this asshole drove fast enough to not cut me off, but change onto my lane several dozen yards in front of me.  (This is going to work this morning, by the way.)  This car, a white minivan, maybe a domestic, turns on its right-turn signal to jerk its way onto Lindau, but then veers back left in order to remain on Killebrew.  And too fucking bad for me, that's exactly where I'm going.

Knowing my life, I knew where this was headed, and I knew where he was headed.  At a stoplight close to the Mall Of America, I get onto the lane to his right to see who this fucker is.  It's an Asian man, maybe Tibetan, and dangling on his rearview mirror was some pendant or amulet.  Didn't look like he was a road rage driver.  If anything, he looks more like a guy high on meth or something.  Sure as hell drives like that.

Asshole driving all the way -- the burning acceleration from stops, the tailgaiting, the sense that this guy might be crazy enough to run over a car or dare take a turn in front of an onrushing vehicle.  He did each of those things right to the lot where I park my car, at work.  I'm glad I didn't follow his bitch ass right to a spot, but he took the next right over, and as I was parking, he stopped at the rear of the parking lot and ... well, I went to park my car, so I lost him.

But I was curious as to who the hell this guy is, so after I parked, instead of walking into the warm building, I went the other way, braving the whipping cold wind while trying to locate this a-hole minivan.  And I couldn't find him.  Maybe he drove off.  Or, maybe he parked because -- my God -- he fucking works here.  I don't know this because, once again, when this prick was driving dangerously in front of and beside me, I didn't remember to look at and remember this guy's license plate.  Yeah, I know that the reason I didn't look down at the plate is because I'm driving and it's dangerous to divert your attention from the road.  But shit, getting information about bad drivers is also important to me, and I kick myself after I turn off my car and I realize I didn't even take a look at the license.

So now I don't know if this guy is someone I'll cross downstairs at the cafeteria, or if I'll share an elevator with this jerk.  What if we cross paths again?

No comments:

Post a Comment