Thursday, January 12, 2017

Expenses Without Receipts

Starting from Wednesday, January 11:
  • Well, I need to go back to Monday the 9th for me to spend money, at least without receipts.  After work I spent time at a library hammering out the end of my application.  After not sending my app like I want to, I figured I shouldn't leave without printing out this Discount Dining Dollars coupon to Taco John's: 10 cents.
  • Then I went to Old Chicago to watch as much of the College Football Playoff Championship Game as I could.  I think I got there early in the Second Quarter and, after 2 1/2 hours, left early in the Fourth Quarter.  OK, the bloat in the games once bowl season started has to be dealt with, because the title game lasting 4:08 is ridiculous.  I mean, great game, and I love that Clemson upset Alabama because dynasties are bad, but come on.  Had, like, two rounds of stuff to eat and only one beer to wash it down with and still didn't get to see the ending.  With tip: $18.80.
  • On Sunday the 8th I went to Caffetto to work on my app.  Hot chocolate with tip: $3.
  • After exercising I went to the library to make real estate copies and print something real estate-related out, both for Mother.  Had to redo another copy because one came out too dark.  Damn waste.  Total was: 60 cents.
  • The last thing I did (or at least theoretically) was to order pizza from Pizza Hut online.  For that week they were running an offer whereby you could get pizzas for half off so long as you order online.  Our usual order these days is two large pizzas with about five ingredients apiece.  Pizza Hut now has a regular offer of any large pizza, regardless of the number of toppings, for only $10.  So, two large pizzas, with tax, comes out to about $23.  That means that under this deal, presumably, it would be half that, or $11.50.  That wasn't really the case: A large cheese pizza costs around six bucks, but then every ingredient adds $1.06-7.  So, these two pizzas actually come to be about $22 -- little savings if at all.  Don't tell my folks this, but when they asked me how much it came out to, I fudged a little and said they were about $14 for both.  Later that evening, after he lectured me about my future (again), My Fucking Father paid me back for the pies.  An Infusion of: $15.
  • Saturday, January 7: Went to Caffetto again.  I mistakenly unplugged my computer as it was booting up.  When I turned it on again, I permitted it to go through the computer check-up it usually wants to begin after it didn't shut down properly.  That was a bad mistake: I spent 20 minutes waiting for it to boot up, and then for some goddamn reason everything ran slow, whether it was going on the Internet or bringing up my Word documents.  After two hours and some idiot unplugging my computer, I left without doing a goddamn thing.  I need a new computer.  Anyway, hot chocolate plus tip: $3.
  • On Friday the 6th Father paid me back for the pizzas I got that evening under this "deal," but a dollar less than what he gave me Sunday.  Don't know why.  An Infusion of: $14.
  • Later that evening I went to a house party I was invited to by Katie a couple weeks back.  We are not in touch in anyway -- no phone, no Facebook -- so I came partly on a whim.  Well, they did have a party, and I was waiting to get a dance from her, but after some asshole cut in front of me and she retreated upstairs after giving a dance to him, I waited fucking 30 minutes before she came down, fully dressed, prepared to leave.  And it felt as though she wasn't going to give me sumpin'-sumpin' anyway.  I am plenty frustrated, so frustrated that I don't know if I'll go to her parties again.  But at least I got a dance from Honey for all my troubles getting to this place.  It's weird; I've seen Honey for oh, five years, and this is the first lapper I've ever gotten from her.  She's kinky, albeit a bit unstable.  Also, I can at least say I didn't spend a whole lot of money.  With cover: $30.
  • Went to Glam Doll afterward.  Got the second donut for free.  With tip: $8.27.
  • All the way back to Monday, January 2 -- needed to find parking downtown to see our team.  But even though most people had the day off, downtown parking meters behaved like it was a regular workday, so I had to avoid them.  I eventually found a parking lot close by, one of those places where you had to stuff cash into a small envelope and scratch your license plate on it with a completely dull pencil.  Had to pay: $7.
  • After my alma mater's victorious win, I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition) to celebrate.  I even gave the guys there a curveball by asking for a Pabst Blue Ribbon.  With tips and a dance from ****e: $32.25.
  • On New Year's Day I finally put into storage consecutive-numbered dollar bills that were in perfect condition: $2.
  • Let's go all the way back to last year ... Wednesday, December 28, to be exact, where I had that adventure of trying to go to the Theatres At Mall Of America on their last day in business.  Total for Hooters, with tip: $17.40.
  • Now, the final movie I will ever see there, Arrival ... I don't like it as much as most others.  I think it's definitely a smart film, but it never struck me emotionally, so I can admire this flick without really loving it.  And even though I'm no conservative, but the twist (which I saw coming midway through the film) leaves a sour taste in my mouth.  It felt like a pro-feminist power move when I really wasn't expecting it, or wanting it.  So, uh, a grade of B?  The ticket cost six bucks because it was Wednesday, the small popcorn was $6.50, and I didn't want to buy a pop, so the total was: $12.50.
  • On Monday the 26th I went out to Brit's Pub for Boxing Day English Premier League Soccer, first time in a long time I've done that.  Service was terrible, even though it didn't appear as though there were enough servers and the ones that were were busy.  OK, I just didn't get served as fast as I wanted to, so I went up to the bar and got a Bloody Mary on special.  With tip it came out to: $6.
  • That evening I fucked ***a*: $120.
  • Christmas Eve ... started off at Caffetto ... mocha plus tip: $4.
  • Then went to my alma mater's game-watching site to make sure that our group could go there on the 2nd to watch the game.  It was cool.  Had lunch there too.  With tip: $16.50.
  • After that I drove all the way to Southdale to do my customary tradition of walking around that beautiful, dignified mall and then go to the Cheesecake Factory to buy a couple slices.  With my parents home I decided to call Father; he wanted one.  One for him and one for me.  Charged the cheesecakes, but the tip was real cash: $1.
  • I then wanted to go to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version), but instead of closing at 6, like I thought, they closed at 3.  I didn't want to go home so soon, so I went to Old Chicago to watch some football and needlessly eat food.  But it's not a bad place to do both.  With tip and midafternoon "tea" equaled: $12.
  • On Wednesday, December 21 I bought a mocha at work and I gave the change to the donation box: 35 cents.
This list was getting long in the tooth.  Good through January 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment