Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Leave Me Alone!

Alright, so even though I was sure I told Mother that I was not coming home to eat last (Tuesday) night (I decided to bring my car in for service), the text I got around 7 o'clock from Father asking me when I was coming home and whether I was eating tells me that either she didn't hear or she forgot.  This means that there was a big mix-up about me being expected to come home for dinner and not.

After I got home I apologized and tried to smooth things over.  They took it well, although they reminded me that if I am going to not come home to eat, I should cross off that date on the calendar.  OK.  They told me before, but now that this happened, I really should do that now.

And then this morning, both my parents were up and toodling around the living room.  As I was putting on my shoes, it appeared as though My Mother was asking My Father what time I would be home.  She didn't ask me; she asked him.  So My Father did ask me, to which I replied, "Tell her I'll be home at 6:30."

And it got even more annoying.  When I went down to the master bedroom to apologize to them, I also told My Father that I was running out of the alcohol/water spray bottle he gave me to deice, he told me that there was one bottle he leaves at the foot of the door; use that if I run out, he said, but then return it back inside.  Well, as I was about to leave, he came out with that spray bottle, spritzed some acetone on the windshield a few times (even though it wasn't necessary because there wasn't a whole lot of ice, compared to, say, yesterday [Tuesday] morning), and lectured me on how I needed to ration the bottle I have in my car.

Seriously, what's their deal?  I thought they were OK with me missing dinner.  I thought they accepted my apology.  Really, I thought I had told Mother.  No, I did tell Mother.  And because of this one ... oversight, Mother's being an ass and Father's getting all overbearing again.

Maybe I need to cross off more dates from the calendar after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment