Tuesday, February 14, 2017

This May Be A Good Time To Leave This Job

Starting last week, the company I work for started plans to build a brand-new parking ramp right in the middle of their pretty large parking lot.  The ramp is going to take up, like, 35-40% of the lot, but it's the portion closest to the building.  Once I saw the map of the areas that will be roped off so construction can begin on the ramp (it'll be finished around October, I believe?), I knew it was going to be a pain in the ass to park starting from last Wednesday.

Well, the first day of the new parking restriction, Wednesday, was not bad because I actually found a spot in what is now the closest part of the lot that'll remain open.  It's in the very back, but if I didn't find anything in this place, I would have to park in the area on the other side of the LRT tracks.  It's huge, but it's far.

With the exception of Friday, when seemingly a quarter of the cars that usually get to work take the day off, I have had to park in that far lot ever since.  And even though I haven't timed it, I swear it takes me at least a couple more minutes to get to the front door and thus to my cubicle than it used to.  That means I have to drive out of the house earlier to get to work on time.  Well, it would, except that I am leaving this assignment in a couple weeks.

I write this because of where I parked yesterday and today.  Yesterday morning I had no choice but to park in this shadowy lot, but I got to a row of spots that were only singles.  You know that most parking ... uh, clusters have two spots end-to-end, so that you see two cars usually facing each other in the parking lot?  Yeah, I got onto a row that was only one.  The rest of the lot were doubles, for some reason.  Anyway, this morning I parked at a double.  Moreover, I parked in a row further than this single row from yesterday morning.  This single row was filled even though I know I got to work 10-5 minutes earlier this morning than I did yesterday morning.

So I get here earlier and I have to park farther away?  And I still have to have a canteen with me in order to hydrate myself on my way to the front door?  Yeah, if I'm called back for next season, this ramp should be done, and parking would go back to not being an annoyance.  Two more weeks of this is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment