Thursday, February 2, 2017

I Haven't Told Him, Yet -- Nope, I Just Did

So one thing that I hadn't thought about till today about my extension at work is my co-worker, who is also a temp.  He has not been extended, so his last day is tomorrow.  Now, this is just a job for him; his heart is in the theater, he is in a show now, and in fact he is so busy this week that he didn't even come in Monday and Tuesday.  Still, this is money, and even if it is a part-time job, I got the job that he could have had.  (In fact, going part-time would be even better for his schedule, at least for this week, where he had to come in earlier because rehearsals got more intense.)

The complication is that I don't know if he knows that I'm staying around.  Also, while I don't think he would be upset, I'm not entirely sure.  So even though I knew this as of Monday afternoon, I haven't told him.  Or, I have yet to tell him.  It didn't occur to me that I needed to tell him.  But then I remember that we are having a "goodbye" lunch, and I'm still going even though I'm not saying "goodbye."  But my friend is leaving, so it is "goodbye" for him.  And that fissure will probably come up, especially since I told our co-workers who invited us out to lunch.

I was going to go on about my internal monologue and ennui, but I just Facebook Messengered him and told him.  And even though I caught him during intermission, he said he was OK with me keeping the job and him not.  Well, he said he was.  We'll see if his body language tells me different.

No comments:

Post a Comment